Friday, February 04, 2005

Workaholic burnout syndrome

Been awhile since I've the time to enter a new post for my blog...after the last entry, work started to pile up and there were alot of discussions, meetings and also deadlines to attend to making me really mentally and physically exhausted.

For the past 2 weeks, my emotions have been on a rollercoaster ride that's never-ending...the stress from work and the high expectations I have of myself took its toll on my body. I had flu and sorethroat for a few days but could not afford to take a day off to rest properly cos there's just too much to do.

There were also presentations and assignments that were done in a group and I feel bad if I am not doing my part cos of my poor time management and balance with other matters. That's why there'll be certain times when I feel really guilty, especially when my groupmates are very understanding and try their best to not make me too stressed out...thanks all (you know who you are).

Things I've learnt for the past 2 weeks
  • Supportive and understanding friends are very important during stress periods in our lives
  • Taking care of our mental and physical health is very crucial to perform well in whatever we are doing
  • Time management and knowing how to prioritise is how others organize their hectic lifestyle
  • One can be down but not out!
  • No matter how busy one is, must take time to reflect and review what you have been doing...are you on the right track? Are you spending too much time on something that is not as impt or urgent?
  • Don't be afraid to express your feelings...easier for females I suppose
  • Positive attitude and passion for what you are doing will inspire you to do your best despite the circumstances
  • Knowing when it's time to stop work and get a little rest or play is crucial for one to stay sane and find meaning in life when the modern lifestyle is so fast-paced
  • Multi-tasking ability is necessary in this new era

Perhaps you don't agree to the above, no worries, everyone has the right to speak their mind...just post your comments...take care all!

=新年快乐=



No comments: