Monday, February 14, 2005

HPS Day 1

It was my first day at Hougang Primary school for my school attachment, otherwise known as practicum 1. During the morning assembly, one of the teacher actually introduced us to the whole school so he asked each one of us to say a few words..and I was the first to be called! I simply greeted the school and introduced myself as Miss Lai and that I will be teaching chinese. Don't know what else to say...quite nervous...Since it was a monday, there's no chinese lessons for the whole day as the school has set aside every monday for mother tongue remedial lessons.

The coordinating teacher-in-charge tried to coax me in choosing the 'floating' system instead of staying in the morning session. However, I stood firm and chose the morning session cos it's ridiculous to be in school from morning session to afternoon session just to make it easier to meet my cooperating teachers (luckily i was awake enough and not make the wrong choice).

I managed to meet one of my cooperating teachers and borrowed the primary 5 textbook from her so that i can start lesson planning. The other cooperating teacher wasn't really in a good mood today...I saw her with 2 other teachers and I think she was crying alittle when talking to them so I decided not to bother her today.

The principal was very friendly and he approached us in the staff lounge to welcome us and check to see if everything is fine. We left the school by 1:10pm.

No comments: