Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Lunar New Year

It's been awhile since I ate a hearty meal and last night's reunion dinner was one of the best I've eaten for a long while...

My parents prepared most of the food and we helped out as much as we could...it was a cosy steamboat and BBQ dinner but it's been quite some time since I ate with my family and had a good meal. Hence, was very contented and glad.

I was doing some last minute packing of my stuff in the room for the whole day so started having a little sinus problem. Although the sneezing was terrible and I felt a little ill, but being able to spend some time with my family and also to do my own things instead of facing the pc and doing work was really quite a refreshing change. I did not touch my laptop, not even to check my emails for a whole day...which is quite a record considering the amt of work that ive been doing online and things that demands my attention.

First day of this rooster lunar year is as usual, with the visitations in the morning and being back home for the afternoon. However, due to the recent hectic schedule, I'm really grateful to have this chance to slow things down a little and spend these few days to recharge and get ready for my school attachment.

To those who are reading these, have a great Chinese New Year, take care and may you be successful in things that you have set out to do!

No comments: