Thursday, August 19, 2004

Laptop update

Missing my laptop badly...needed to get it back to start on my assignments so called SONY IMM Gallery to check how's the repair progress. Apparently, the laptop's ready for collection for a few days already but i was not notified...the lousy technician did not inform me. Intend to collect it tomorrow after my lessons so called the guy who spoilt my laptop. He didn't answer the first time I called.

However, when i was on my way home (waiting for bus at Hougang), I managed to get through to him. Initially, he thought I was someone's roommate till I clarified that I'm calling regarding the laptop he spoilt. His tone changed instantly and this irritating jerk went on to inform me that he can only make payment next month and he's only willing to pay 50% of the repair fee! I listened incredulously to his absurd claim that it was a public walkway and it's also my fault the accident happen. In the first place, he did not mention on that fateful day that he's only willing to pay half of the amount. Everyone present heard clearly that he'll pay me when I get the receipt of the repair. He kept insisting that it's like a car accident situation where both parties are at fault. I was really fuming mad that he dare to keep insisting that I'm at fault and that it was a public walkway. I told him that it's not the first time I use the laptop with my charger in the canteen and nothing has happened in the past 2 years till he came along to destroy my laptop.

He then went on unreasonably arguing what happens if he injured himself as he tripped over my charger, who's going to pay for his medical fee. Although I was really angry with him by this time, I was still in a clear state of mind to point out that he should not digress cos in actual fact he did not incur any injuries. I also pointed out that never once did he mention on that day itself that he's only willing to pay half of the damages. I told him that I'm only getting payment for the repair and it did not include the inconvenience and the emotional "trauma" I had to go through. That jerk went on and on saying that it's a public walkway and that it's both parties' fault. I couldn't stand him any longer and told him "I don't wish to hear anymore, I'll contact him again, bye" and hung up before I start swearing at him (in public). He nearly made me lose my cool and break my own rule of not swearing at anyone.

Ironic that I just attended a lunchtime talk today about not being 'murderously angry' at anyone and yet this evening, I could not control my temper. Real unlucky to be in this predicament. Hopefully, my YEP friend who knows that laptop spoiler can help me settle this matter. Urgh!

3 comments:

DobbyKING said...

aiyo yo so bad... no choice .. action speaks louder den words. he didnt pay u instantly so he can say watever he likes... this incident u can only count urself ---> UNLUCKY !!

Mskmouse said...

that guy is really too much. we should have asked him to sign a IOU then. hope mark will be able to help you with this. take care!

Ger said...

Hey Delong, u don't have to rub it in isn't it....it's so obvious that lady luck wasn't on my side that fateful day...

Thanks Yifen for your support and concern...yah, I do hope Mark can help or will have to trouble my dad to go find that creep in sch. >_<