Sunday, August 08, 2004

Closure session for Little Miracles

Yesterday at Singapore International Foundation Headquarters, Little Miracles met up officially for the last team meeting. We have come a long way since we first started out in March this year...although it might seem a mere 6 mths for others, personally, it felt as though I've known each Miracler for years...

And whenever we meet up to discuss and plan for the next move LM is going to make, I always feel that every Miracler is like my family, and the project (team included) is our "baby"...we are witnessing her growing process. Just like any "parent", we are proud of her achievements and fear for her failures (thank god there wasn't any major hiccups). Then comes a time when our baby's all grown up...time for us to let go...>sob< >sob<

As much as I wish to turn back time and let time just freeze at the happiest moments we shared in Surin, I have no power to resist the fact that life goes on...whether you want it to or not...So it's back to reality, back to Singapore, back to the life that I left before I embarked on this amazing journey...however, now, I believe I have grown and benefitted much from the experience.

Really treasure all the things I've learnt from each unique Miracler, from our helpful project manager (Grace), from our caring hosts (Pii Jued and Pii Noi), from the friendly villagers and kids of Surin, from the supportive Dr. Vilma and Service-Learning Club in NIE and all those who supported and helped us in one way or another.

Frankly speaking, everytime I look at the photos that we took and recount the memories we shared, I never fail to smile and it's like a beautiful dream come true. Thank you each Miracler for being part of our Miracler family and giving me this opportunity to be part of this Miracle.

May we keep our LM spirit burning with our website:
http://www.geocities.com/yeplittlemiracles
and our yahoogroup!

No comments: