Friday, July 17, 2009

Throat viral infection

Woke up this morning without much progress for my sore throat...still cannot really speak as it's even painful for me to swallow. Went to school and the principal saw me in the general office. She asked me to go see a doctor and rest at home since I've no voice. I want to work yet I can't...sigh...

Went to Compasspoint's Raffles Medical Clinic cos didn't want to wait for a long time at the polyclinic. I reached there by 910am and was out by 1020am. The doctor was very nice, giving me advice and useful information about my condition.

Apparently, I caught a viral infection that is common in kids. Probably got it from my students in school. I have a huge ulcer in my throat on the right side and it's the reason I feel pain when I swallow or cough. The doctor says that there's nothing much that can help the ulcer except a gargle that I can get from pharmacy but it's pricey $10+ (Difflam). Normally the ulcer will subside after 5 days. Since it's already the 3rd day, just have to be patient and he prescribed some oral tablets for the pain and reduce the swelling.

Experience of being mute is not nice at all...

No comments: