Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bothered...

Was having lunch in the canteen when a P1 student's guardian came to look for me. She asked whether did I ever scold her granddaughter in class with remarks like "stupid and being transparent" which I never did. I find it ridiculous that the child told the grandmother that I did that. My whole class of students can be my witnesses. Next the office told me that the VP wants to see me. She wants to know my side of the story after hearing the complaint from the grandmother. The P was there too and they said that when I observed that the girl is weak in the subject, why didn't I contact the caregiver? I did contact the girl's mother before and I did asked the girl if her mother coach her in her work, but obviously, this is not enough.

I feel so wronged and it's my words against the girl and her grandmother. I told the VP that she can check with the other students in class as I don't even scold the girl when she fail to hand in her homework. During lessons, I asked the girl if I've ever scolded her and she shook her head and said no. I told her that because she told her grandmother I said those remarks, she went to complain and the P and VP misunderstands me. I wrote a note in her student diary to inform the grandmother that the girl already confirmed that I've never scolded her before. Felt so awful for the rest of the day...

Luckily at night, Teddy came to comfort me...we went to East Coast Food Centre for stingray, satay and teh tarik. He gave me the Chloe Perfume which he bought and assured me that it's not my fault that things turn out this way. I really feel so unlucky that this year I faced so many problems at work.

No comments: