Saturday, December 25, 2004

My fave xmas song

Finally, I managed to find out the title for the Xmas song I like the most:

"As long as there's Christmas"
from Beauty and the Beast the Enchanted Story

Belle
There is more to this time of year
Than sleigh bells and holly, mistletoe and snow.
Those things come and go much deeper than snow,
Stronger than the strongest love we'll know, we'll ever know...
As long as there's Christmas, I truly believe
That hope is the greatest of the gifts we'll receive.
As long as there's Christmas, we'll all be just fine.
A star shines above us, lighting your way and mine.
Cogsworth
Just as long as there's Christmas, there will be Christmas pud!
Tons of turkey...
Mrs. Potts
And cranb'ry sauce, and mince pies, if we're good!
Lumiere
Loads of logs on the fire...Ornaments
Lots of gifts on the tree, all wrapped up in red ribbons...
Chip
Wonder if there's one for me!
Cogsworth
We're due for a party. Where on earth do we start?
Fifi
I may wear my tiara you bought me in Montmartre!
Cogsworth
All the silver will sparkle!
Mrs. Potts
And the china will gleam!
Lumiere
And we'll all be as shiny as a brand-new centime!
Chip
After dinner, we'll play games...
Mrs. Potts...
'Til the morning breaks through.
Lumiere
Then we'll meet in the garden. This is what we shall do!
Chip
We'll build a snowman that will reach to the sky!
Belle
It will stay up until July!
Angelique
What are you doing? Stop, stop, stop! Put me down! Put me down!
Oh, this is ridiculous! Everyone knows that the lights go on first!
I don't want to go all the way up there, to the top!
Belle and Chorus
As long as there's Christmas, I truly believe
That hope is the greatest of the gifts we'll receive.
Chorus
As long as our guiding star shines above...
Belle
As long as there's Christmas, we'll all be just fine...
Belle and Chorus
There'll always be Christmas...
Belle
So there always will be a time when the world is filled with peace and love.

These lyrics © 1997 Wonderland Music Company, Inc. (BMI). Music by Rachel Portman. Lyrics by Don Black. Originally performed by Paige O'Hara, Jerry Orbach, David Ogden Stiers, Fifi, Andrew Keenan Bolger, Angela Lansbury, the Ornaments, and Chorus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ger...
i asked my sis to find that song for you online... i think she found it... remind me to send you the song when you see me online next time... take care... merry christmas... jo