Sunday, April 10, 2011

Patience is a virtue

Accompanied Teddy Chua for his haircut at SuperCuts at Siglap and saw this family bringing their toddler girl for her haircut...she's very smart and when she felt the hairstylist uncle come close with the comb and scissors, she wanted to turn around to stop him. Hence the parents have to try different ways to distract her and the hairstylist was very fast in cutting her hair. Besides a few frowns, the haircut process of about 25 minutes was uninterrupted. I thought the hairstylist was very skillful as he knew when he should stop, in case the child gets hurt by his scissors but at the same time he was able to complete the haircut quickly.

Lesson learnt: Next time when I have my own kid, have to find a very skillful hairstylist in handling children and have Teddy Chua with me to distract the child...or like what Teddy Chua said have to train the child to not make a scene in public, which I think is much more challenging...

No comments: