Friday, March 25, 2011

Acuvue Moist

Saw that the site for disposable contact lens were giving away a free pair so decided to arrange for an eye examination to try it out. The optometrist told me I had very slight astigmatism and that contact lens won't help to correct it but just give me clear vision for the degree. Was advised to get Acuvue Moist as the lens are softer and won't give as much stress to the eyes and would not cause dryness. The optometrist taught me how to wear the contact lens and also how to take them out. She commented that I'm quite fast in learning how to wear and I was able to take the lens out on the first try. Since it's the first time I'm wearing the contact lens, I can only wear them for 4 hours to let my eyes adjust to them and not to stress my eyes out. Subsequently, I can increase the hours by 2 each time and normally the disposable contact lens can last up to 10-12 hours. The contact lens that can help enlarge the eyes costs more so decided to wait and see if I can get use to the moist lens first. By getting 4 boxes that can last me 2 months, I can waive off the eye examination fees and since there was a promotion, I bought the 4 boxes. Will probably wear them during weekends since I need to use the computer at work and it might create more stress for my eyes.

No comments: