Thursday, May 29, 2008

Haunting image

Was on the escalator of citylink leading to suntec city this morning for teachers' conference when i encountered one of my life's worst moments...
Became curious when I noticed something grey at the right end of the escalator. Was thinking: " Probably a cleaner's rag or some unwanted garment left by somebody", kept looking at it and was thinking of confirming my thoughts as I got closer. However, to my horror, when I was just inches away from it, I recognise the form as that of a dead rat. The moment the thought hit me, I was grossed out cos I saw that the head was missing and there were traces of blood at the middle edge of the escalator. It's like arriving at a crime scene and witnessing the gruesome end. What a sorry end for the poor rat! Poor cleaner too, have to tidy up this mess...
Somehow, think the 2 ladies walking in front of me or those walking behind me, didn't notice it cos they didn't seem affected. Luckily I'm not the screaming sort, just felt very disturbed by the sight and till now, im still haunted by it...>_<

No comments: