Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The day my sports shoes gave way...

Went back to school for the Youth Olympic Games Cheer the Flame...P4, P5 students were back with the staff to line the road opposite our school to cheer our P6 boy who was the torch bearer and running along the roads...

The weather started getting gloomy when we were gathering in school and soon, rain came down...it was pouring when the YOG buses came by and the boy bearing the torch had to run in the rain. Poor thing...we were cheering him on in our white ponchos as he ran past us.

Headed to Punggol to meet Yifen and accompanied her to get her facial treatment consultation at Orchard. We went to Sushi Tei at Paragon for lunch and started shopping for her shoes. That's when I realised that my sports shoes started giving way. The soles were starting to peel off, so I had to start dragging my feet around to prevent the whole thing from coming off.

We went to a few shoe stores but couldn't find anything suitable. We went to neu look and I found a white long sleeve blouse (can fold up, with buttons) with a belt, looked quite nice so tried it on and it fitted quite well so decided to buy that. Yifen also got a black dress and 2 camisoles. When paying, realised that the price for my white blouse was further reduced by $10 so it only costs $19.90 instead of $59.90 (usual price).

In the end, we went to the cotton on outlet at Orchard mrt to find my sandals, bought a silver pair for $5 and threw away my spoiled sports shoes. We went to tcc at Wisma next and I tried the peachy sunrise drink. Thought it's quite sour, think will stick to fruity delight if I don't want coffee-based drink next time.

Will be catching the korean drama, Nanta with Yifen, Ray, Jason and Yifen's parents on 3 Oct...should be a good show. =)

No comments: