Thursday, January 03, 2008

SYN Bash

Was invited for the event as I am in the YEP leaders email loop and figure it's my chance to check out DXO X2 (besides Esplanade).

The Guest of Honor was Mr Teo Ser Luck, Parliamentary Secretary for Community Development, Youth and Sports and Chairman for National Youth Council. He gave a short speech and a dance group, the Proteges started the SYN Appreciation and Networking Party. They were really good as they danced to songs of different eras.

Next was a buffet dinner but since I've eaten at home, just took the drinks. There was a portrait artist and I was quite amazed when I saw how he drew. He held two markers and could draw a portrait rather quickly. Requested him to draw my portrait, though he was fast but didn't really look like me...haha...kept myself occupied by observing the people and I saw a crew ( bar waiter) asking one of the girls for her number while serving drinks. It's the first time I see this happening as i don't frequent the club scene and normally hear it on tv shows. It was quite funny seeing it live in action...haha

Think the MC spotted that I was rather alone and when it came down to stage games, he arrowed me to join...it was just a lame game of rock, water, bird but got to know some people. The second game was a modified version of musical chairs with 5 people in a team (3 teams) and they have to finish the drink in the shortest time to win. Luckily I played the first, cos it's not that easy to down a drink, especially a fizzy one fast.

The Proteges came on stage for the next dance item and they are really good hip hop dancers. A live band, the sexies came up next. The female singer looks quite pretty and has a big voice but think they need more experience in performing as I feel that their banter was more than the music...Left during their last song and collected the door gift of a photoframe.

Feel quite old at the event, cos those I spoke to are JC people or in the army...sigh...but it was an eye-opener. =)

No comments: