Saturday, January 05, 2008

Confirmation of Appointment

Met the VP in the general office and he asked me to see both the P and him on Friday as there's a letter for me from MOE. P was quite busy and I had to teach so it was only around 5+pm that I got to speak to them. One of my P2 girl delayed me from seeing them as she peed in her seat and i have to attend to her first. Luckily, this happened just before their recess so I could get the rest of her classmates to leave the class, thereby reducing the embaressment for her and getting the cleaner to help with the mess.

Was having a headache the whole day till 3+pm, think it's due to lack of sleep these few days as I worked till wee hours and really have no idea what they wanted to see me about. Was asked by the P how I feel abt the sch for the past year, and frankly I've grown quite attached to the sch as the staff are quite nice. Received feedback about my performance and was told that they have decided to confirm my appointment. Mrs Chow (my mentor) has been quite concerned abt my confirmation so I sent her an sms to share the good news when I was on my way home.

I was actually quite curious why Mrs Chow was so worried and kept asking me to find a chance to approach my HOD to ask abt my confirmation. This came to light on Saturday as she called me and she mentioned that she heard another senior teacher from my practicum bad-mouthing me to my HOD before. She even put in a good word for me saying that after 1 year, people will change and improve so that my HOD will not fully believe what that senior teacher says. Mrs Chow also reminded me to send an email to inform Mdm Sim (ex-VP) as she believes that Mdm Sim's report after observing my lesson was a great influence on my confirmation.

Really grateful to meet 贵人 and will bear in mind the feedbacks given so that I can improve professionally.

No comments: