Saturday, June 10, 2006

Picking up the pieces and moving on

Since 6 Jun, over the span of a few days (4 days to be exact), it has been a tough and wild ride on the emotional rollercoaster: disappointment - upset - glad - disappointment - angry - absurd - incredulous - anxious - disppointment - resigned - moody

Was quite surprised that I didn't really wallow in self-pity and goodness knows where I got the courage to pick up the pieces and also to quickly get things going. Calls to be made, people to contact, no time to brood over things. Somehow in the first 24 hr, sleep didn't register, insomnia and appetite lost took over. Tears did fall but not as much as expected. Tried to look on the brighter side of things but it's tough.

Felt super incredulous when was told that "You are very upset. Was this a surprise?" Am I suppose to foresee this outcome and be happy about it? The very least I could do was to control my emotions and not erupt in anger already. Time for reality check perhaps. More self reflection necessary. Meanwhile, retail therapy is also out of the question. Super down...

Would like to take this chance to thank all those who showed concern, assisted me during such a horrible time and continue to believe in me. =)

No comments: