Friday, June 16, 2006

Marina Sq - Suntec - Bishan

Despite the downpour, didn't want to slack at home so asked Shuixian out to Marina Sq and Suntec. Bought a black skirt with simple kimono-liked design for only $20. It was the last piece and was also on sale. Quite happy with the purchase and the lady was very friendly and nice.

Before going to that shop, entered a victorian style shop with relatively nice clothing but the auntie was very crude and she presented one of the worst service attitude I've ever come across. I noted a skirt that was of quite flimsy material but the design was quite nice and elegant. I asked for the price and she claimed that if I like it then we can discuss about the price or else no point. She told me I can try it but I was not very keen because I was more interested to know the price, need to check my budget. Not planning to buy in the first place. When I was about to try it out, I asked her if she has a new piece as I noted that the edge of the skirt has some stray strands of thread and she told me it's a new piece and the skirt is not torn, just some stray threads that can be easily removed. She sounded very defensive and aggresive as though I am the one who spolit the skirt when I've not even tried it on.

I decided not to try and when another customer walked in to try something on, I took the chance to leave the shop. We were in the shop beside hers and she kept grumbling loudly that her skirt is fine. She was so noisy that we cannot stand it so we wanted to go to the shop diagonally opposite and as we walked past the shop again, she called out “小妹,我有一件新的要不要?” I replied “不要。” She said “新的也不要了 huh?” I kept quiet and ignored her, who will buy anything from someone like her? Forcing people to buy and when people refuse to make a purchase she kept making alot of noise as if accusing others of spoiling her stuff or saying that her stuff is of poor quality. Then when we were coming out from another shop, she was complaining to a couple and asking them to see who she was referring to. The couple only heard her side of the story and kept giving us a dirty look.

If I was in a foul mood, I would have approach the auntie and asked her what is her problem. I told Shuixian I would never return to the shop to buy anything ever because the shop's image has been tarnished by this lousy attitude auntie. If the next time I happen to see the shop owner, I might even tell him/her how the staff repelled me from the shop and lost business for the shop instead of improving sales...

We went to Suntec next and I managed to find a hello kitty plant that was on sale (Original px = $19.90 sale px = $8). It was the last one with flowers, the others are only leaves so I decided to buy it and try planting. It is quite an interesting concept as the soil and even seeds are included with a plastic pot and a hello kitty figurine. I just need to add water accordingly and give it adequate sunlight. Will take some photos of it the next time and then can see the progress of my plant growth...hehe.

We also went to Carrefour to buy some groceries before leaving the place. I thought I will be late for meeting Alvin at Junction 8 hence, took a cab but he was much later as he was held back at the camp. Had to get something to eat (went to Sakae) while waiting for him or else I would have fainted from hunger and tiredness from walking around so much.

No comments: