Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Why?

Went to California in Somerset in the morning to attend Bodycombat...as I was leaving the club, decided to check when my membership expires...was told coming November. According to the GM, the guy who signed me up has left the club so there's this promotion going for such members.

I have to pay $289 monthly for 1 year before I pay $8 per year for the subsequent years...tempting offer considering that it's a lifetime rate and there's 12 1- month passes and a gift pack.

After considering for awhile, decided to sign up for it...less than an hour later, Dad called saying that Diners called him asking if there's a purchase of $3000 over, they wish to verify...He's upset that I signed up for the club after the other time when he was against me signing up for the membership. Tried to explain to him that the subsequent years i only need to pay $8 per year for the membership but he insists that we talk about it at home tonight...Think there'll be more scolding ahead...haiz...why can't he understand that I'm just signing up for a fitness membership and not something that will waste my time and money???

Hopefully he'll be able to see where I'm coming from and allow me to continue with it...think can't cancel the purchase if im not wrong...

Had lunch with Delong at Sushi Tei in Paragon before heading to Orchard Library to borrow some books...still can't find Memoirs of a Geisha...either on loan or missing from the catalogue. Managed to find the gingerbread man and gingerbread woman from Chocz at Paragon...hope that it'll still be edible by the time it lands in the hands of Mr Tay.

No comments: