Friday, February 11, 2011

Our 1st Anniversary

After work, I rushed down to Sim Lim Square to get the keypad for Teddy Chua as our anniversary gift. Managed to finish doing his card last night. After getting the Logitech gamers keypad, I headed to Wheelock to do threading at browhaus. Went to Newton MRT to meet Teddy Chua around 7pm.

We took a cab to Eng Neo Avenue. He made reservations at Mimolette but refused to let me know. He even decided on the dishes already so basically just sit down, relax and wait to be served. When we arrived, there's no one else at the restaurant and it was already 8pm. Quite a nice feeling to have the whole restaurant to ourselves...as if he booked the whole venue...haha.

The food was delicious and after finishing our dessert, we were thinking of where to go when the waiter came out with 2 champagnes, a bouquet and a ring box. I was pleasantly surprised that he made such arrangements. The waiter put the drinks down first and Teddy Chua took the bouquet to give me first. Next he took the ring box and then when he opened it, I was amazed to find a ring inside. The first thing I did was to ask: " What is this? Is this our ring?" He took it out and while saying yes, it's our ring, he got down on one knee and asked: "So, will you marry me?" I was stunned and with a wide smile I said yes! I hugged him and after a quick kiss, asked him to get up. We enjoyed the champagne while I questioned him how did he managed to pass the ring to the waiter and he also told me that he came by the night before to recce the restaurant. He wanted to ensure that we have enough privacy so he told the restaurant to close the 2 tables beside us and he even checked that he had enough space to kneel down...

After assuring me that he asked for my Dad's permission before (when I went to the restroom during the Lei Garden Lunch), we decided to go back to my place to tell my parents about the proposal.

No comments: