Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Surprise surprise

Thought this year's birthday would be similar to the past few years with well wishes from friends who remember and family dinner with birthday cake in the evening.

However, there was actually quite a few unexpected surprises throughout this special day...

Got sms from Jiahui that she would meet up with me briefly after work as she would be near my house...can spend some time to catch up. =)

Karel wanted to have dinner if I could make it but I figured he would be busy and tired after work so told him to postpone our celebration together. Sent him an sms abt the possibility of meeting for awhile if he were to drop by near hougang before 11pm. He replied saying that it's too far so I told him it's alright, we don't have to meet today.

Everything went as expected and soon it was 10+pm, I felt quite sleepy and decided to head to dreamland...just as I fell asleep, he called to ask which block I'm staying and that he's already in the area. I thought he was joking but he told me he's serious and I was soon fully awake. Met up with him while he passed me my birthday gift...Didn't expect him to do this at all...but it was sweet.

No comments: