Friday, August 15, 2008

PSLE Oral

Was notified earlier on that I will be one of the oral examiners posted to Edgefield Primary for this year's PSLE exam on 14th and 15th August.

Since Mrs Chow was also posted to the same school, she kindly offered to give me a lift and asked me to wait for her at the bus stop outside our school at 7am. We were to report at 715am but Mrs Chow took a wrong lane and we ended up on TPE and had to make a u-turn at the 2nd exit. Luckily there wasn't a jam but as we turned into the smaller road, we missed a turn for the school and had to make another u-turn. We reached the meeting room only by 730am and i was glad that the briefing was still underway...so paiseh, being late for the first time on such an impt day.

As I was appointed OE2, much of the work actually falls on my partner who was a teacher frm Compassvale Primary. The students actually performed quite well and soon after the exams ended, I headed home to rest...not used to waking up so early.

For the second day, we were on time and as my partner had fallen ill, another replacement teacher was sent from her school. There was a boy whom I believe is Singh taking the Chinese oral exam. His reading was quite ok just that some of the pronunciation wasn't accurate. Yet, during the picture description, he tried his best to impress us. After every sentence, he would looked into either one of our eyes with a very sincere expression. It was also quite funny as he would express his opinions as "this is a good habit" or "i think this is a bad habit".

After the oral exams ended, I went to Compasspoint as I needed to return the 2 library books I borrowed earlier on. Headed home to rest after that.

No comments: