Saturday, May 28, 2005

A Beautiful World

"Nothing's ever for sure, that's the sure thing I know."

This poignant quote caught my attention as I watched "A Beautiful Mind". It sums up the uncertainties everyone face everyday and Alicia's belief in John is the simple faith that help give both of them strength to overcome the struggles they face.

The preoccupation in pursuing one's dreams may make one neglect what's important in life...ok this may sound pretty contradictory cos some may argue that their dream is the most important thing in their life...BUT...During the pursuit, do you realize that you may be neglecting the simple things in life? Sacrificing the time to revel in nature's glory, failing to notice the people who really matter, etc...

I suppose at any one point in time everyone has a goal or dream to fulfill that motivates himself or herself to find meaning in life...Just wish to share that one should try to strike a balance, to not become too focus in the pursuit and forget to enjoy the process with things or people who really matter.

*Pardon my incoherence as I type this with a slight throbbing headache*

No comments: